Re: #Infobot on Efnet

Bob Maple wrote:

> Well, since #infobot got taken over many months ago, is there a new hang-out?
> Or does anyone even care?
>
> I'm not sure who this Pi8 asshole is or why he even wanted the channel in the
> first place (there's just a few bots in it, none of them infobots, and it's
> just been locked down.. invite only, and a real ingenous keyword of "infobot")
>
> Anyway if anyone wants to migrate elsewhere on Efnet, I can offer up a couple
> of eggdrops to help keep it that way, or there are certainly friendlier IRC
> networks to be on where takeovers are not a problem.
>
>  :        Bob Maple          : A fanatic is one who can't change his mind  :
>  :   bmaple at burner.com    : and won't change the subject.               :
>  : www.dimensional.com/~bobm :                                             :

I used to run #infobot on Efnet but it was taken over twice (the first time I got
it back), both times by the same person (and his bots).  After the second time I
couldn't even ever get back into the channel and after a while I sort of gave
up...there weren't too many #infobot goers, just a few to chat about random
things and help out with infobot so it's not really a huge thing.  After that
I gave up on the channel and that was the end of it.  Not sure how many people
are going for another infobot channel on efnet...anyone interested?
-Sam [commport5]