Re: On-Join (bah!) stuff with infobot

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 09:10:27PM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 05:27:50PM -0700, Samy Kamkar (CommPort5) wrote:
> > Of course, always make a backup of the original
> > file you're editing, no matter what you're changing.
>
> Gosh, if only everybody used CVS .  Are infobot and friends on
> sourceforge.net?

bastard:simon ~ % host infobot.sourceforge.net
infobot.sourceforge.net A       198.186.203.44

Incidentally, if you're going to do on-join stuff, it's much cleaner to make
a hook subroutine. See http://www.infobot.org/patches/nickometer-on-join
I should really get some of those patches into the CVS so people don't
duplicate the work... But then, if people bothered to look there first, we
wouldn't have this problem. :(

--
"By golly, I'm beginning to think Linux really *is* the best thing since
sliced bread."