[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Freshmeat search util
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 00:35:33 +0900
- From: Simon Cozens <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Freshmeat search util
On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 09:46:27AM -0600, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> IMHO, someone (oznoid, Simon) should draft infobot patch submission
> guidelines. That way, at least everybody will be on the same page
> when it comes to posting patches here.
Here are some draft guidelines; feel free to implement/improve/ignore them.
* Patches should apply to the current stable version of the source,
and should be taken from the infobot-0.xx.x/ directory.
* Ideally submit patches as unified diffs; see the Perl patching guide at
Porting/patching.pod in a Perl source kit near you.
* If unified diffs are not an option, please use diff, and be sure to state
which file the patch applies to.
* In the worst case, send the file to me or Oz or someone and we'll generate
* If you're adding a new extension, rather than just patching the existing
stuff, the following also applies:
. Post a diff to Extras.pl and any other affected files.
. Then add any new extension files as an attachment, or give an address
whence it can be obtained.
. This is by no means compulsary, but it would be really lovely if you
could use the documentation template; if you don't have one with your
infobot, you can download it from
"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
-- Karl Lehenbauer