a propos of nothing

simon++

yes, interbot is an important part of the new infobot platform.
i expect i'll be able to produce a lot more activity
on the new model, after which you may not have to depend on
me [after february].  http:///www.infobot.org and /list/ [fyi].

We need to discuss the whole thing; right now it's a pretty
simple forwarding. Addi's repro on alternate networks, and Simon's
mods(!) are part of the Field.

i've been told at CMU i can work on "anything i want to do",
so i will be at least partly on refocussing on the 'bot --
and most importantly YOUR INPUT.  I have speech in and out
working, and i'm sure that'll need the attention of
interested folks like y'all to get it robust. YAPC is a part
of that, and other directions; let's look at international
venues, also.

i apologize for my inattention lately, but i swear to y'all
it's only a matter of the moment. we're embarked on the great
work -- if you resonate with it, we welcome you :) if you
don't, we welcome you -- but we expect a voice from you.

kevin
lenzo@cs.cmu.edu

ps - i hate end notes, but i beg you to read Pike's only recent
available work on tagmemics. i got a copy from amazon,
and it's well worth reading. I'd type the whole thing in
if it weren't for the diagrams, and i'm tempted to scan 'em.
i'm on the verge of proposing a long talk at TPC on
particle, wave, and field in the world of the bot -- but
as a situated talk on perl and "we."

I'll make a copy and mail it to you (snail mail) if you
can't find it. If i have to, i'll type it them in.

kevin