message length in 0.49?

I've been playing around with modules for 0.49, trying to convert my
dictionary stuff into a module for it.  One concern I see for it is the
message length.  Normally the response would just be returned, but if the
response is going to be over the irc limit, would the brains split it
up?  chop it off?

Looking at how 0.49 works, I can see that IRC may not be the only use for
this, which would make me think that the module(s) shouldn't split up the
message, the interfaces should... i.e. mail interface may want to word
wrap, web interface may want to <BR>eak it up, IRC client may split it.

Thoughts?

Jay Jacobs
(teckle)