Re: Infobot 0.49.0

Anno --

Thanks! You're subtly defusing the future frustration
of generations of cluebees.

Subscribe to infobot-dev by sending the single line

  subscribe infobot-dev

   majordomo@infobot.org

When it replies, it will say it's at metronomicon.com,
but i find infobot.org shorter to type.  I think i've
fixed the BOUNCE problem some folks were getting.

Ok, to substance :)

Anno Siegel wrote:

> There were two changes necessary to make infobot run on my
> machine (patch attached):
>
> 1 - On systems that have more than one of the DB modules
installed,

ok we'll work with that

> 2 - In Infobot.pm it says, basically

righto

> Further:  0.49 doesn't understand "xyx++" and "karma xyz".  I
suppose,
> this is just not yet implemented.  I'd like to patch "karma" so
that
> it optionally reports sums of karma for multiple (similar) items.

Karma will be a module.  Modules can act like filters (changing
the content of the message, like processing the ++ and --)
and also return certain language when queried (as defined by
some regex).  So the ++/-- handling becomes a module executed
early on the input stream that affects the karma relation,
then there's some later processing that sees if you're asking
about karma.