0.49 early issues

hi, re: 0.49.0

Apparently dbmopen() fails on some systems,
possibly due to using NDBM (?) and tells you
it doesn't define an exists method.  This
has happened to one person.

My plans for graceful degradation of modules
were thwarted by my own last-minute hacks.
METAR will bring the whole thing down
without Geo::METAR, but at least it should
tell you so in the make test.

I guess its fair to say that if you download
this you're helping debug the install process :)

I expect i'll put up 0.49.1 by this evening
with patches from this first install fallout.

thanks for your patience and indulgence,

kevin
lenzo@cs.cmu.edu