Re: Wierd bug

Expanding upon this --

the basic problem is that '-' can be either unary
or binary minus -- unary as in some negative integer,
or binary, as in something minus something.

right now it's a regex (!) that tests whether
something is a valid 'math expression'.  It is OK on positive
numbers because it's \d+, but the - could be
(null) minus integer or minus integer.  so the
point of inserting something that checks if the
result is the same as the input is a crap workaround
for a true expression parser, or some better constraints
on the input/respond-without-addressing relationship,
which is a tricky bugger.

kevin