Re: Hello all.

Hi, I'm new here.  Those both sound like very useful additions, I havent
really made any significant mods myself yet, I've mostly just been playing
around with addressing.  My opinion of when it's being addressed seems a
bit different than the bots.
I have a question that some of you may have some experience with, has
anyone done any work on getting all the various web related functions to
work through a proxy server?  I dont need irc through the firewall but I'd
like to enable the search, and similar functions.  At first glance it's
looking to me like it will involve altering each function individually,
but I'm kind of new at this (bots and perl both) and might be missing an
easier method.  Any insights would be appreciated.

Daniel
jajuka@primenet.com

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Jay Jacobs wrote:

> After talking in #perl I was refered to this mailing list.  I've been
> adding in a few things into an infobot and sending them off to oznoid, and
> not really keeping a nice diff source (like q[Simon), but here are a list
> of things I'm working on:
>
> Dictionary:
>   Uses the Net::Dict package and does realtime definitions for words:
>
> > Murlin: define silica
> <Murlin> silica: n : a white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid;
>   various forms occur widely in the earth's crust as quartz or
>   cristobalite or tridymite or lechartelierite [syn: {silicon oxide},
>   {silicon dioxide}]
>
> Timezones:
>   Using another dbm file to list timezones in relation to GMT, there is
> still something wrong with it (flubbin' up the DST portion).  And I added
> in functionality to define sub-areas:
>
> > What time is it in South Africa?
> <Murlin> in South Africa, it is 12:25 Wednesday afternoon.
> > What time is it in Paris?
> <Murlin> Sorry teckle, I have no time to tell you.
> > What time is it in Paris?
> <Murlin> in Paris, it is 12:27 Wednesday afternoon.
>
> I have a list of the timezone dbm at
> http://www.securetty.org/timezones.txt that isn't updated automagically
> yet.
>
> So, hello all, pleased to meet ya.
>
> Jay Jacobs
> (teckle)

                                               jajuka@primenet.com
  Men are born ignorant, not stupid; they are made stupid by education.
  --Bertrand Russell