Hello all.

After talking in #perl I was refered to this mailing list.  I've been
adding in a few things into an infobot and sending them off to oznoid, and
not really keeping a nice diff source (like q[Simon), but here are a list
of things I'm working on:

Dictionary:
  Uses the Net::Dict package and does realtime definitions for words:

> Murlin: define silica
<Murlin> silica: n : a white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid;
  various forms occur widely in the earth's crust as quartz or
  cristobalite or tridymite or lechartelierite [syn: {silicon oxide},
  {silicon dioxide}]

Timezones:
  Using another dbm file to list timezones in relation to GMT, there is
still something wrong with it (flubbin' up the DST portion).  And I added
in functionality to define sub-areas:

> What time is it in South Africa?
<Murlin> in South Africa, it is 12:25 Wednesday afternoon.
> What time is it in Paris?
<Murlin> Sorry teckle, I have no time to tell you.
> What time is it in Paris?
<Murlin> in Paris, it is 12:27 Wednesday afternoon.

I have a list of the timezone dbm at
http://www.securetty.org/timezones.txt that isn't updated automagically
yet.

So, hello all, pleased to meet ya.